In the role of Product Manager “Optics and Photonics”, you will work in close cooperation with the Sales Team, and in strong synergy with the Engineering and Production Teams in the Headquarter. For this reason, a regular presence in Muzzano, TI, will be required to guarantee a strong interaction with the Teams located at the headquarters.
You will be responsible for:
- Managing the introduction of new products and services
- Conducting market search and analysis, including research on competing products and competitors
- Interacting constantly with prospects, leads and customers to understand product needs and requirements, thus translating them into product features to be developed and prioritized within the product roadmap.
- Implementing strategic market development activities for selected products
- Selling products and services targeting specific markets.
- Identifying opportunities for internal or collaborative projects (e.g., public funded projects) in strong interaction with the Engineering Team.
- Proposing the conception and fabrication of early-stage samples or demos to gather feedback and market intelligence.
- Planning the whole product life cycle from feasibility to prototyping up to pilot and volume production.
- Collaborating with the Engineering and Production Teams for Customer requests:
° Technical discussions
° Elaboration of sales quotations
° Follow-up on prototyping, production, and quality control
° Integration and application of company’s quality system
- Contributing to the drafting of scientific articles, patents, and technical documentation in collaboration with the Marketing Team.
- Attending dedicated events and fairs relevant for the specific markets.
She/He will report to the Head of FEMTOprint Neuchâtel.
- Master’s degree in microtechnology, optical engineering, physics, material science or equivalent. A PhD is a plus.
- Solid background and sound experience in optics & photonics.
- Excellent language skills in English and good knowledge of French, both written and oral.
- Italian is a plus.
Experience and Knowledge
- Optical engineering and advanced knowledge of micro-optical components and/or integrated photonic systems, including optical and structural characterization techniques.
- Relevant industrial experience in research and development and/or manufacturing environment.
- Professional experience in product management of optics/photonics systems or components.
- Expertise in assembling specific optical setups for functional testing within dedicated and product specific application labs.
- Strong experience in project management both independently and in collaboration with other team members.
- Previous work experience in a contract manufacturing service company for high-tech and/or high-precision products will be considered a plus
- Experience in sales as well as customer and key-account management will be considered a plus.
- Professionalism and self-discipline, ability to promptly recognize critical issues.
- Enthusiasm, motivation, seriousness, friendliness, proactivity, flexibility.
- Establish strong links with the Team and stakeholders.
- Passion for innovation, precision.
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a multidisciplinary team across multiple locations.
- Availability to travel regularly in Switzerland (especially to the headquarter in Muzzano, TI) and Europe.
- Place of work:
- Start date: